Donnerstag, 13. September 2007

Beijing

Another post via Joe, I'll be home soon and will put up a few more photos later.

I was slightly confused when I first thought about the idea of a multicultural education class going to china. I wasn't sure exactly how that fit into "education", but now am 100% sure that it has everything to do with education. In only a few days I have been so humbled. I think that this is the first time that I have seen that my culture and that my western thinking is such a small part of the world and that western ideas and western living is just another way of doing it.

This place makes me feel small, insignificant and very lonely. As if it weren't bad enough that we are being moved around like cattle with the tour company, China itself, makes you feel small and just a piece of something much, much bigger than yourself. These people take such pride in everything that they do and get almost nothing for it. I feel almost ashamed at times that I've taken so much for granted my whole life. It's almost rediculous how much we are born with ... the advantages, the metaphoric silver spoon... and we don't realize it. Don't take this the wrong way, i'm not preaching, just expressing how I feel. -Nick

Keine Kommentare: